Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Class is in.

Last week Marion ventured down the highway to a university which advertises various language courses. She discovered that there was a person who may be available to coach her in Spanish. Next day she returned and met with Senor Roberto Suca and organised with him to come to our house on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for four hours from eight to twelve. So we are now both students of the Spanish language. I can assure you that Marion is coping extremely well and progressing rapidly. As for me, well let’s say “the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak” and you can transpose “brain” for “flesh”! Right now I am experiencing some difficulty with the structure of the Spanish verbs. It did not help me one little bit when I was suitably informed the other day that Spanish can be far more difficult to learn than English. I will battle on; however, in the long term I think that I may stick with painting and drawing!
A morning tea break from all those Spanish verbs.